HybridZ

Tender + main springs on an S30?

Both Summit and Jegs sell them, my Eibach parts list was:

- SPACER250 (seats helper/tender and main spring together)

- HELPER250 (helper spring)

- ISOLATOR250 (Delrin washer/spacer thing that goes between spring and top hat)

All parts for 2.5" ID springs, but they also have them for other sizes – easiest way to find is Eibach's PDF catalog and then use the part numbers on Summit's site.

Looking much better. What anti roll bars did you end up with? How's the rear spring rate feel on the public roads?

If front shocks are at the limit for rebound, or getting close to it, you can get them custom re-valved from Tru-Choice and a couple of other places. Bear in mind that brand new Koni's do tend to get stiffer as they bed-in. May take a thousand miles or so of street driving. 

Looking much better. What anti roll bars did you end up with? How's the rear spring rate feel on the public roads?

If front shocks are at the limit for rebound, or getting close to it, you can get them custom re-valved from Tru-Choice and a couple of other places. Bear in mind that brand new Koni's do tend to get stiffer as they bed-in. May take a thousand miles or so of street driving. 

Thanks, it felt a lot better too! It was your comment that helped me consider that I probably could go a bit lower with the stiffer springs, so I did and it definitely helped to have the CoG even lower.

I didn't actually change the roll bars yet. I may do that next to further dial it in.

It's definitely firmer on the road, but once I dialed in the shocks, it wasn't bad at all. At first I had the rear a little underdamped, and at a few spots on US-101 the car pretty clearly expressed its unhappiness to me by bucking pretty hard. Once I firmed them up just enough more where they actually controlled the springs, it stopped doing painful hard bounces and the ride is actually very acceptable to me. I find it just as (un)comfortable, but I'm more relaxed at high speeds since the car feels more planted and controlled.

The firmness is very similar to my wife's stock 2012 Subaru BRZ, but everything is just a lot noisier (and more fun!) in my 240Z :)

How often does Laguna have lapping days? I want to head down there for the Historic Races. 

A bunch of different folks organize track days there, so there's something going on pretty much every other weekend. Personally I recommend going with Hooked on Driving. They're not the cheapest option, but their events are exceptionally well run: safe, lots of track time, and not too crowded on the track in each run group. Their next two events at Laguna Seca are March 10, and April 13-14.

Do drop me a line when you plan on going so I can try to make it out there as well. It'll be fun to meet, and to be on the track with another Z-car!

Edited by rundwark