#1 makaofox

makaofox

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNew Jeresy

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

Anyone recommend a tuner in NJ or surrounding area for the 2jz?

Finished the build in october and was using a tuner through supra forums that got me a 'base' map but going back and forth via email is really hard. Especially since I cant determine if its a tune issue or a motor issue with how it runs.

AEM V1

Current issues, doesnt start easily, wont hold idle, did ping once or twice, and ran really crappy like a fuel issue. Needs to be broken in so if I could get a basic tune that I could just baby it for awhile would be great. Been looking around but not really experienced with shop tuners. I have a friend that is also gonna need a tuner and has his friend but he (like most tuners) is very hard to get a hold of.

Not able to do much now anyway with winter weather in NJ right now but looking to start in march or april. 

#2 Geno750

Geno750

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDestin, FL

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

I would probably check out precision tuning. They're local to you and have a good reputation.

#3 n00ch

n00ch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

Reach out to Jeff Evans of Evans Tuning. He's not to far off into PA. Should be able to assist as he's got a great reputation and has been in the game a very long time! Good luck

#4 makaofox

makaofox

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNew Jeresy

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Thanks!

Geno- fellow r32 owner took his car there and they didnt do a great job working on it. So may not go to them.

Ive heard of Evans I may have to call him soon and see what he can do.

#5 makaofox

makaofox

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNew Jeresy

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

Emailed Evans tuning, scheduled for tune in april :D. So far seems like a good choice just with some communication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users