HybridZ

370z steering wheel conversion

DBLopez

Hey guys. I was looking at the 370z steering wheels and I was wondering if it was possible to convert them to fit on the ZX??  I'd really love to have that in my car. If anyone has done this please let me know or have any idea on how to do this! I think it'd be a cool thing to do. Thanks everyone

What sort of end result are you hoping for? just the wheel is one thing, but if you want to have the buttons functional for something youll have to swap the whole column.

what do you mean as in the whole column? That would be interesting for all the new wheel functions to work. 

If you lost me when i said column in reference to the steering column  im sorry but i think this project may be best left to a professional. Having full function of the applicable features will require rewiring youre whole wipre stock, signal stock, ignition, and steering wheel stuff. Ontop of that custom mounting and welding of the shafts.

If you lost me when i said column in reference to the steering column  im sorry but i think this project may be best left to a professional. Having full function of the applicable features will require rewiring youre whole wipre stock, signal stock, ignition, and steering wheel stuff. Ontop of that custom mounting and welding of the shafts.

Oh yes most definitely. I was just wondering if it had been done before and if it would be possible.    Sorry, I'm trying to learn as much by reading the forums! 

Oh yes most definitely. I was just wondering if it had been done before and if it would be possible.    Sorry, I'm trying to learn as much by reading the forums! 

Anythings possible with enough time and money lol. I personally havent seen a 370z in a s30 done before, but modern Column upgrades for the wheel, switches and ignition are very common in classic cars. For example This guys full r32 interior swap.... and whole car.

http://jdm-culture.com/adree-hamid-r32-in-disguised-s30-240z/

For my restoration i actually plan to do something similar. I have my eyes on a sentra ser column. My ignition, switches and wheel were trashed so im starting fresh with something more modern.

Edited by Evlevo

Anythings possible with enough time and money lol. I personally havent seen a 370z in a s30 done before, but modern Column upgrades for the wheel, switches and ignition are very common in classic cars. For example This guys full r32 interior swap.... and whole car.

http://jdm-culture.com/adree-hamid-r32-in-disguised-s30-240z/

For my restoration i actually plan to do something similar. I have my eyes on a sentra ser column. My ignition, switches and wheel were trashed so I'm starting fresh with something more modern.

Honestly I haven't either so I thought it would be really unique to do! I want to upgrade my entire interior in the near future, I just redid it but to the stock look. s130 interior is nice but I want more modern lol I see a vision more with the 370z wheel and... I'm not sure yet haha Hopefully in 2 years I can put something down that is unique and tasteful.   Awesome link btw!   And I hope your plans go well my friend!   And you said similar but more modern. This interests me, can you explain more ?

Honestly I haven't either so I thought it would be really unique to do! I want to upgrade my entire interior in the near future, I just redid it but to the stock look. s130 interior is nice but I want more modern lol I see a vision more with the 370z wheel and... I'm not sure yet haha Hopefully in 2 years I can put something down that is unique and tasteful.   Awesome link btw!   And I hope your plans go well my friend!   And you said similar but more modern. This interests me, can you explain more ?

Not much to explain really. Everything column related on my car is trashed. The switches were bad, theres play in the column itself, was missing the key, and the wheel was destroyed. I also did a full front and rear s13 suspension swap on my car, so im not limited by trying to stay original, and since the wiring in the car was also trashed, i plan to use a column from something else (most likely a sentra) andd  gain the modern wheel and functioning switches. I considered buying a smashed car and using a column and body harness from it but im not sure if modding a harness or a custom harness will be more work.

Not much to explain really. Everything column related on my car is trashed. The switches were bad, theres play in the column itself, was missing the key, and the wheel was destroyed. I also did a full front and rear s13 suspension swap on my car, so im not limited by trying to stay original, and since the wiring in the car was also trashed, i plan to use a column from something else (most likely a sentra) andd  gain the modern wheel and functioning switches. I considered buying a smashed car and using a column and body harness from it but im not sure if modding a harness or a custom harness will be more work.

How do you like the 240sx suspension swap?  I was considering having this done for my old stock suspension.    I would take a guess that a custom harness would be more difficult lol   Goodluck though my friend on that part of your build! 

Edited by DBLopez