HybridZ

Holset HY35 Exhaust Flange Adapter?

datsundoug

I am curious what others have done with the HY35 downpipe.  I just ordered a turbo and it does not have the elbow with it, so it is just the round flange that I dont believe is a standard v band.  I can't seem to find a weldable adapter either.  All i can find is adapters to mate up to a 5 bolt flange which I dont want.  Is there a weldable flange out there that I just havent seen yet, or do others get the elbow and connect the vband to it?  Thanks.

This is the shop that makes it, provides a little more information, but no direct order option:

http://keatingmachine.com/products/entry/he351-exhaust-flange-to-3.51/v-band-flanges-turbo-flanges-adapters-accesories

Alternatively, I've got a stock cast elbow that may work for you (not sure if the downpipe you bought had the oddball dodge v band clamp?) and will sell it cheap.

Edited by LanceVance

This is the shop that makes it, provides a little more information, but no direct order option:

http://keatingmachine.com/products/entry/he351-exhaust-flange-to-3.51/v-band-flanges-turbo-flanges-adapters-accesories

Alternatively, I've got a stock cast elbow that may work for you (not sure if the downpipe you bought had the oddball dodge v band clamp?) and will sell it cheap.

Thanks.  Im not aware if the HE351 is the same setup as the HY35.  I'm way ahead of myself here (still repairing rust on the rotisserie), but am stocking up on parts i'll need as i go.  I don't have a downpipe or anything yet, but in order to make a downpipe, i need a way to connect it to the holset flange.  Does the cast elbow have a standard v band clamp at the end?  I might be interested in it just to have in case i go that route.  Do you have a clamp to go with it?  PM me some info and/or pics,  and what you're looking to get for it.  Thanks.

I guess thats one way to do it but I dont know how well i trust my welding skills to cast but it could be an option.  That adapter may be what I'm looking for but it doesn't definitely say it will work with the HY35.  I'll have to get some measurements and see if I can make that work.  I know there are some more people running this turbo, what did you guys use?

• 1 year later...