#1 brd64020

brd64020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hello,

I have a 1983 280zx that is going to be running a custom front suspension setup with 1996 240sx s14 steering knuckles, s14 coilovers, 350z brake rotors, 300zx aluminum brake calipers. However, the question I have and can't seem to truly find a solid answer to is will 240sx inner tie rods bolt up to the 280zx steering rack (I know that s13 and s14 tie rods are different). Also, the reason for needing different tie rods is due to the stock ones coming no where near close to reaching the steering knuckle. Ideally I would like to run a set of s14 aftermarket tie rods, inner and outer, or some combo that will result in me having the ability to run heim joints for more steering angle.

What I have found has me to believe that both 280zx's and an s14's (240sx) run tie rods that are M14x1.5.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

#2 brd64020

brd64020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

I pulled my inner tie rods of the zx today and went to a local store. The guy measured the bolt that goes into the power steering rack and said its a M16x1, so if anyone knows the inner tie rod bolt size for the steering rack side for a 240sx S13/S14 that would help a lot, or any other tie rod that might work. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tie rod, inner tie rod, outer tie rod, steering, Front suspension, Aftermarket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users