HybridZ

1972 240z with L28 5 Speed, Clutch issues

I have a 1972 240z with an L28 and 5 speed transmission, all swapped before I got the car. I just finished a clutch replacement where I; replaced the rear main seal, pilot bushing, clutch and pressure plate, had the flywheel resurfaced and replaced the the outer seals and gasket on the transmission. Refilled transmission with Redline MT-90 and bled the slave cylinder with Valvoline DOT 3&4 synthetic brake fluid. I did all this just to find out that it was the hydraulic system, the clutch was fine.

I believe my problem is that I ordered a 1977 slave cylinder however I for some reason still have the 'old' clutch fork with the hole for the adjustable rod. I thought no problem Ill just Swap the adjustable rod from the one on the car with the new one. I did this and tried to properly adjust the slave cylinder but was a bit confused by the fsm. should I push the slave cylinder rod all the way in and pull the fork to the back of the car then adjust the nut to 1.5 turns out from touching the fork?

Will this setup not work and I should order a new '72 slave?

The car is current on stands and when I start the car in first with the clutch in the wheel still spin.

You said it fully disengages.  But grinding in to reverse says otherwise.

Search "throwout collar" and various other clutch words.  Use Google and "site:hybridz.org" and you'll get better results.  If you didn't measure the stack height (another good search term) of the parts before installing you might need to start over.