HybridZ

Looking for Bronze Rota Grids 16x8 0-offset - Wheels found **fitment issues**

ScramblerX

thanks for the links - i did see bronze set - but it is a staggered set and i don't think i can do that till i go get flares.

I actually like the gunmetal set with the black lip but don't love the shine with the chrome lip.

thanks for looking.

have you looked into XXR wheels? I had some 531's for a minute, really liked them. Good n cheap.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/4x114-3-Wheels-s/631.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=631&f-16%20inch%20wheels=612&show=200&page=1&f-0=1021

Yeah, I've considered. I like the matte black ones and both are only 1 avaiable. Can't beat the price though.

• 2 weeks later...

So i ended up getting a XXR 002.5.

I tried to get them in Matte black but the were out of stock. The local tire place brought in the bronze lip ones instead. They definitly are not my first choice but they are temporary until i get my fender flares going so i picked them up. Plus they were cheap at 350 for the set.

Wheels -  XXR 002.5, 16x8 - offset 0

Tires -  225/50/R16 Cooper Zeon RS3.

I mounted them up, everything looked good, went for a quick spin around the block and all 4 tires are rubbing when i hit a bump.

The suspension is stock, as far as i know original and could be saging so that my be my best bet.

I want to go with Ground Control coils and TBD strut but cheaper at the moment is better as I am way out of budget.

Do you think a suspension refresh will get rid of the rubbing or should i be rolling the fenders?

of course, some pictures.

post-54286-0-83210300-1489428073_thumb.jpg

Unloaded gap on rear:

post-54286-0-50137400-1489428114_thumb.jpg

Loaded with me sitting in the car - full fledged american at 240lbs =D

post-54286-0-88147200-1489428169_thumb.jpg

Try rolling the fenders. That worked for me...... You can also use chevette springs and cut them down. They are much stiffer and will keep your car from sagging out so much.

Could this be a sagging suspension problem?

If i went cheap with a Vogtland springs and Stagg shocks - Could that solve the problem even through they are lowering springs?

Anything stopping you from just cutting the fender and installing flares that you said you were going to do anyway?

Haha, yeah, that's a great question.

I guess I just bought the car and hacking into it makes me little nervous. I needed to get the wheels on asap so I could actually drive the car and now that i already bought the wheels/tires - It seems late to add in the flares as I'd need to run wider wheels/tires.

I probably should have just manned up and did the flares. I think in the back of my mind i'm not stupid excited about the V8 and was thinking I might be happier with a l28et build/swap. 

I think you should really answer the question: Do I want flares on my car? Before you do anything. Because if that's what you wanna do, then do that. You can get wheel spacers for 50 bucks if the slight gap is bugging you and you don't feel like getting new wheels again (of course right now your wheels are practically new and have no curb rash and would be easier to clear to re-sell...)

If you're not going to flare the car, then I'd look into rolling your fender a bit and more than likely getting new springs...or losing 140 lbs.

I think you should really answer the question: Do I want flares on my car? Before you do anything. Because if that's what you wanna do, then do that. You can get wheel spacers for 50 bucks if the slight gap is bugging you and you don't feel like getting new wheels again (of course right now your wheels are practically new and have no curb rash and would be easier to clear to re-sell...)

If you're not going to flare the car, then I'd look into rolling your fender a bit and more than likely getting new springs...or losing 140 lbs.

Good advice for sure.

Would the 16x8s look okay with spacers and flares?