HybridZ

Labor cost of doing a GC coil over conversion

Hi,

I don't have time or skill to do the GC conversion, but I would happy to pay someone to do it.

T3 offers the kit ready for the front but not the back.

What is the cost of labour to do the GC coil over conversion kit on a 280zx? Both front and rear.

I am in Austin if someone knows someone that has done it before and wants to make some money.

Thanks

I think he's asking for a 280zx

Edit: Did a bit of research, looks like GC does offer a kit for the rear of the 280zx which makes me think it should be doable. 

Not sure how you are suppose to attach the adjustable spring perch to the shock though unless they want you to weld directly to the body.

If so then that would be fairly easy potentially. Just grind off the spring perch as supplied and install new spring perch hoping that you don't blow the oil or pressure seal with the welding.

The one picture I found showed the spring perch just sitting on top of the stock perch. If that is the case then it would be even easier, just install the adjustable spring perch on top of the existing spring perch.

Edited by seattlejester

Since the 280ZX has a coilover shock setup in the rear, I think all you need to do is find a shock with an adjustable spring perch that is the right length. I don't recall the motion ratio, want to say it's like 2.5:1, so the valving will have to be about 2.5x stiffer than the front struts. Look on 510 forums. Lots of them convert the rears to coilovers like the ZX has out of the box, and a lot more of those get raced than 280ZXs.