HybridZ

280zx master cylinder replacement

Hey guys, I think the 280zx brake master cylinder went out as it doesn't hold fluid. I topped them off one time,  only to find out it was empty by the end of the week. So I went ahead and purchased a re-manufactured one from AutoZone. It's not Nabco : / . It looks like the leak was coming from the rear of the cylinder where it attaches to the brake booster. You can see the corrosion and paint peeling off on the brake booster and I found some brake fluid on the inside of the brake booster as well. Question(s):

1. Do you think the brake booster will be okay? knowing brake fluid pooled inside for who knows how long. Maybe some kind of test can be performed well the master  cylinder is absent?

2. Reuse of the old reservoirs okay? If so any recommendations on how to clean them. They look pretty gunky inside.

Thanks

post-52699-0-36582400-1489267446_thumb.jpg

post-52699-0-25624200-1489267456_thumb.jpg

Edited by PL510

More information such as year and model Z car helps in answering questions.

Replace them both and save a headache later.

If you are not knowledgeable about Z car brake systems read up on the booster and MC change paying attention to "push rod adjustment" ,  "reaction disk fell out',  bench bleeding etc.