HybridZ

#758 $80 000 price tag

Rob L

I've heard that some of the really nice, really early Zs can go for as much as 60k, although that was a few years ago, and they may go for more now. But while this one is pretty early (but not first 500 early), it is not nice, at all, and not worth the price. He's nuts.

Also, there's something off here. The ad says it's automatic. I don't think an auto trans was available until something like June 1970. If it's a US market car (I don't know if Canadian Zs were different), it was probably built in January 1970 and should have a manual trans.

Edited by rturbo 930

Could be that the asking price is in CAD and not USD, which would bring it down to ~$60k, but even then it is not in great shape or rare/early enough to command that kind of price.  Clearly it has been modified as well, so you cant even play the "all original/factory" card.  Some folks just dont know what things are actually worth.  They think they have something really rare and cant be convinced otherwise.  Others just want to see if someone will be uneducated enough to bite.  There is a guy in my area that has been trying to sell his automatic 280ZX for months at over $30k.  Granted it is one of the cleaner ones I have seen, it is still not worth nearly that much.

I believe he bought that car from the states approx. a year ago for somewhere in the $1000.00 to $3000.00 range.....read about it maybe on ontariozcar.com. The picture on the trailer is from when he brought it back.

Edited by BJSZED