HybridZ

280zx turbo rough idle and lights light up at higher rpm

I have a 1983 280zx turbo. It's automatic. Right now it idles really rough like it wants to die but won't die. Also as the rpm gets higher. All the lights get brighter and when the rpms get lower all the lights get dimmer. I'm thinking these two problems can be from the same thing. Did anyone else ever have this problem and if so. How did you fix it? All the info would be really appreciated. It has died once when I left it running for awhile and then put it in drive. It died right when it went into drive but, hasn't done that again yet.

Well I just fixed the electrical problem. I put a new negative on my altenater. Now it just has a rough idle. I'm going to haft to make a new post. Because this thing is drinking gas like its dieing of thirst. So now im thinking its not getting enough air so it's throwing more gas in it too make up for the loss of air. Idk I got to do more research on it.

. So now im thinking its not getting enough air so it's throwing more gas in it too make up for the loss of air. Idk I got to do more research on it.

Do lots of research.  Start with the basics of how internal internal combustion engines work then move on to electronic fuel injection.  No offense.  Your assumption shows that you don't know how engines work.  Again, no offense.  You're just way behind where you want to be to do your own car work.

Yeah true. I'm just trying to learn more about how engines work. I use to be that guy that just replaces parts that I know that go out and not know what they do lol but now I want to learn about what does what so I can get a better understanding of stuff.