HybridZ

WTB S30 Brake Shims

Namor

Interestingly enough, they don't have the left side.  I guess I will be placing two orders.  Unfortunately their shipping cost is insane, oh well.  Thanks 

I guess I will also be hoping that one of the two sites doesn't have them listed backwards.  

Edited by Namor

Have you tried your local Nissan dealer?  I think that Courtesy pulls from the same general inventory of parts.  Just people that know where to look.  If your local store has a good parts department they might be able to find them.

Might try eBay too.

You can use right or left interchangeably.  I had an ear-piercing brake squeal and used 4 right side shims on my brakes.  Just make sure the arrows are all pointing forward.

Like you can see in the pictures on MSA, the only difference is which way the two tabs on top are bent.  They're meant to wrap over the brake pad backing plate, but you can bend them over the other way, cut them off, or leave them as is.  The tabs don't rub or interfere with anything, nor do they help locate the shim on the pad.

You're right.  I have what i think are factory original 78 shims and they don't have those bent over tabs.  Maybe they broke off or maybe Nissan or aftermarket put them on later.  They're just there for installation convenience, without them the shims try to slip down before you can get the pins through.  Not really a difficult task without the tabs though.

It makes sense...afterall they ARE just shims.  It's one of those things where you feel dumb after having someone point something like that out.  Oh well, both sets ordered already, but hopefully someone else benefits from this info.  Thanks everyone.

I received both sets from Courtesy Nissan and MSA and figured I would report back that...SURPRISE, SURPRISE, they are all the same.  So either MSA or Courtesy Nissan has them mislabeled.  At least now I know I can just bend the tabs or cut them off.  

Edited by Namor