HybridZ

Anyone have any experience with these seats?

KevvinG

I've been looking around for a "Datsun Bucket Seat" similar in style to the Datsun Competition seat that jdm-car-parts.com has for $895 USD.

Unfortunately on a student's budget there's just no way I could afford that!  But these look to be similar in style, just wondering if anyone knows about their quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Mid-Sized-Classic-Bucket-Seat-w-Sliders-in-Black-Polyurethane-Faux-Leather-/371644785639?fits=Make%3ADatsun&hash=item5687c163e7:g:WnUAAOSwTZ1Xlscn&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...

The seats BJSZED are referring to are the Cobra get seats. Those seats are very well built, but depending on your size you may or may not like them. If you are in Southern California you can see them in person at Sube sports in Huntington Beach CA. These particular seats are a horrible knockoff and I recommend you stay away, no matter how tempting the price. I saw a set in person, the whole thing is made of poor thin foam with a very weak wire frame. Definitely made in China and would probably not last too long in a car. I would be heavily concerned about the safety of this product during a crash. If you do go with a set, just make sure they are the real Cobra brand. Hope this helps.

Edited by vinceqn

Read the whole thread. He's not refering to the Cobra GT3 seats. A member bought those seats and thought they were too narrow.

I read the whole thread. You should read the whole post. 

I've been looking around for a "Datsun Bucket Seat" similar in style to the Datsun Competition seat that jdm-car-parts.com has for $895 USD.

Unfortunately on a student's budget there's just no way I could afford that!  But these look to be similar in style, just wondering if anyone knows about their quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Mid-Sized-Classic-Bucket-Seat-w-Sliders-in-Black-Polyurethane-Faux-Leather-/371644785639?fits=Make%3ADatsun&hash=item5687c163e7:g:WnUAAOSwTZ1Xlscn&vxp=mtr

Just to be clear, the seats KevvinG is asking about with the link to an ebay ad and wanted to know about the quality of these particular seats. I have seen and sat in these particular brand and style, and they are complete crap. For your safety, stay away from these things.  

If you check back a few months, there was a thread about those very seats.

BJSZED was referring to an old writeup, which were the Cobra seats. These are the seats I like. The ones in the link above are knockoffs of this seat and should not be compared to in the same way. 

Edited by vinceqn
  • Like 1