HybridZ

upgraded my SBC

So roughly 275hp wasn't enough for me, so I swapped it for a 355,236 dur cam,500 lift,1.6 roller rockers,aftermarket 76cc heads ported,3 angle,matched, pistons 10.5:1 comp, victor Jr,holley 750,etc.

Pulls real hard to 6800rpm, definitely - and the sound of that intake manifold, reminds me of my buddies 408 stroker ls C6 and feels like it too.

I'm thinking the Toyo R888 proxies are saving my rear end so far, no wheel spin- those things hook like the best drag radial I've ran on previous cars.

Of course I haven't launched it and my shifts are soft and easy, hard to do since it pulls through the 4 speeds quicker then my shifts it seems, lol.

There is a drive trane vibration under acceleration in 3rd gear(100 mph plus).

Question on a spark plug wire issue, I'm seeing arcing from the boot to where the plug nut sits in the head, these are new plug wires, messed up thing is the same plug was,arcing with my old wires, same cylinder.

I tighter the plug, no change, inspected the wire, its fine. How is this happening? I feel a slight miss fire at part throttle while driving at low rpms.

Any clue on how to stop the arcing?