HybridZ

Cylinder head sensor and MAP MS3

Conedodger

I got my HFM5 from the junkyard. Just look at VW, Audi, and BMW products and it will jump out very quickly. Its typically bolted to the airbox right on top. They come in various sizes so try to find one that will flow 120% of your target HP.

Using this datasheet you can see all the models of HFM5. Ignore the junk yard part numbers since there is 100s for the same MAF. VW loves to have unique part numbers for no reason. What you want to do is find the right MAF based on the connection diameter and match that to this datasheet.

http://www.maf2maf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Bosch-HFM5-Sensors.pdf

To convert. 1kg/h = roughly 0.347HP. I am using the 0 280 218 019 since the 70mm housing was easiest to connect. So far i'm flowing around 400kg/h max.

PM if you need help setting it up.

Edited by jacky4566

Interesting. That part number actually comes out to be for a late 90's to mid 2000's Alfa Romeo...

That looks like it will work for me as well. So 0 280 218 019 it is.

Now for injectors. 30# by my calculations is what I need. What do you suggest?

I got my HFM5 from the junkyard. Just look at VW, Audi, and BMW products and it will jump out very quickly. Its typically bolted to the airbox right on top. They come in various sizes so try to find one that will flow 120% of your target HP.

Using this datasheet you can see all the models of HFM5. Ignore the junk yard part numbers since there is 100s for the same MAF. VW loves to have unique part numbers for no reason. What you want to do is find the right MAF based on the connection diameter and match that to this datasheet.

http://www.maf2maf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Bosch-HFM5-Sensors.pdf

To convert. 1kg/h = roughly 0.347HP. I am using the 0 280 218 019 since the 70mm housing was easiest to connect. So far i'm flowing around 400kg/h max.

PM if you need help setting it up.

Well, I managed to find and purchase a 0 280 218 019 HFM5. My dumpster dive at the Pick and Pull found lots of HFM5 but nothing with the proper housing size. Then I checked eBay and found one in Ireland at a pretty low price and free international shipping.

So that's taken care of.

What injectors are you using Jacky?