HybridZ

Distributor Plug help

Kasimir Wulf

Doing a MS3X install with a friend, but he doesn't have much of the wiring left over in the engine bay. I'm trying to figure out the output for the distributor are. I put together a drawing of the bottom side of the distributor, so I need answers for A B C and D.

Thank you for your time,

-Kasimir

post-52872-0-98651700-1490392794_thumb.jpg

Is that view of the bottom from the top or the bottom?

If it's a CAS you're working with, cgsheen has posted by wire color several times. Beside the output there's also an input.

Here's a bunch - https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=ww&ei=dq5PVNe5B8j8igLU9ICABg&ved=0CAMQ1S4#q=site:hybridz.org+cgsheen+cas+wiring&*

And here's one - http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/123254-cas-question-5v-in-harness/

This is is the terminal orientation from Nissan. Used with Nissan 280ZXT trigger wheel or Z31 

Trigger ( Crank Signal ) = Green 

Home ( Cam Signal ) = White

+12volt = Red

Sensor grounds ( 2 ) = Black 

post-44147-0-07023100-1490395779_thumb.jpg

Edit:  Note:  If you use the DIY wheel, the MegaSquirt software switches the wiring around for the Crank and Cam signal. Only the MS 3 with the latest firmware can use the Nissan Z31 trigger wheel. Check the MS forums on that. Hope this helps.

Edited by Chickenman

Just checked the DIY site and they've update the Technical page regarding there DIY trigger wheel. They've now added the color coding to hook up from Dizzy to MS in the various versions.  Here's the link to the updated wiring chart and Trigger setup page:

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/hardware/nissan-trigger-disc/

Edited by Chickenman

Basically we've got a 78 280Z with a modified 82-83 Turbo engine. I just needed to know which metal tabs, that the connector mates with, did what. Being that I didn't have a harness to look at, none of the guides were very helpful.

Thank you for your time,

-Kasimir

You can't see the green, red, black, and white in Chickenman's picture, and where they go in to the distributor plug?  I could spell it out in ABCD easily.  He said what did what, as did cgsheen.  It's all laid out in color, on a platter, with silver and a napkin.  You need to be able to work from what's here in this post, at the least, if you want to do Megasquirt.