HybridZ

Rear subframe swap

Hey guys, so I just recently purchased a 280z. I want to have roughly 600rwhp out of a 2jzgte vvti. I was told the stock rear subframe wouldn't hold that power. I plan on reinforcing the frame of the car (stitch welding, roll cage, tubing, etc). I saw that AZC has a track subframe and whole new suspension. But I can't talk myself into spending $8k on it. Any ideas?

The good news is you are in the right place. There are a fair amount of cars here at or above that power level. The best thing you can do is read read read, then read a little more. Tons of info here for the taking. 

Be been doing a bit of research and i am planning on putting an r200 in it. I saw a bolt on for the r200 https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z/complete-r200-r230-rear-end-conversion-z-car

Would this be a better idea to replace now? Or wait until later on down the road and would this even be worth the money being spent? I don't want to spend the money on it if I don't need to..

The car WILL be better with the TTT setup. Do you need to do that? No.

Should do you that? Well that's up to you and your budget.

However, considering you don't seem to know that the 280z came with an R200, I'd assume you don't know a crazy amount about the S30, and really need to start reading through a lot of other peoples build threads, and not just on the engine.

Do more research..   Guys are putting down 500-600 through the r-200s.. You need stronger axles for more power than that.. Just read as much as you can. Save the threads to your computer. So if you need to you can come back to them.. B)

For example, I researched for months before doing my Nat-2j swap..

^Like the driveshaft pinion? I always thought it was halfshaft, stub axle, then inputs. I didn't know pinion was also on the list.

I agree, going to have to do a lot more reading and see who you are taking advice from if the rear subframe is the first point you are concerned about when throwing power at this chassis.

At the bare minimum a look at the suspension diagram and using the correct names will be a good start.