HybridZ

Wanted - Extreamly Clean 240z shell to trade for a 73 Chevy V8 Swap

evilz

Fellow 240z Gearheads,

I am looking to trade a semi complete 240z with a SBC for an extremely clean and professionally done rotisserie 240z shell.  That means, all I want is a super clean and primer(ed) body, doors, hood, and ATTACHED interior dash/electronics/center console.   If your car is already a high glossy black or super dark cherry red with high gloss, then that is ideal for me.  I will do a straight trade if yours has all the normal parts but just not installed or partially installed.  If its missing parts then lets talk about it. 

My 73 240z has a Chevy 350 engine already in it and it is pretty much ready to go, but it needs a bit of work on it. This car is perfect for a reasonably good mechanic with access to a lift as most of the work needed requires it.  I bought the car some years ago to test how a 240z Chevy 350 conversion would run before going to a more serious setup.  I am now ready but want to move to an LS7 conversion instead which will require new mounts and tranny setup.  So I want to start with a very clean base. This car is ok as a daily driver and possibly a go fast daily car.  I need something a little more show ready and super solid for a strip and road race car.   

Here are the problems with it. The flexplate (gear that engages with the starter) needs replacing.   It also needs the timing set.  When it ran it was pretty strong and it smoked just a bit (I am assuming because of the tuning issue).  I also started replacing the transmission cooling unit but did not complete it.  It will also need a radiator flush.  Lastly, I have two starters for the car.  One is too big (Chevy regular starter size) to fit on the custom headers.  The other is the right size but I think the flywheel issue may require another.   I installed a brand New Holley Street Dominator Carburetor, distributor, custom exhaust, Borla muffler, and custom headers.   

If interested send me a note to lvto2000@gmail.com or just contact me here.  BTW - if you don't live in my state then your parts car needs to be able to be shipped or if you live close by (within 200 miles of Alexandria Virginia) then I can pick it up.

Edited by evilz