HybridZ

Shortened CV Driveshats in MMS flange package?

dapiper

Any one know source?  Whitehead Performance has had my 300ZX Turbo driveshaft for 6 months. Repeated attempts  to get status have failed.  Take care, beware.

Sorry, this makes no sense to me.....

Shortened CV Driveshats in MMS flange package?

Any one know source?

Whitehead Performance has had my 300ZX Turbo driveshaft for 6 months.

i have had experience with them. i ordered stub axles that were supposed to be 4-6 weeks, ended up being over 6 months. i did end up getting them. couldn't  always get ahold of them but they were "ok" to deal with on the phone. they have they're stub axles made from someone else and i guess that manufacturer was the reason for the delay i was told.....definitely not the quickest people but i did get my parts and have been happy with them. that was my experience. 

Could be the OP doesn't know that MMS is short for Modern Motorsports.

Here's Whiteheads axles.  Maybe from the same place but not MMS.

https://whiteheadperformance.com/product/whp-billet-cv-300zx-z31-turbo-short-cv-axle-shafts-datsun-240z-260z-280z/

Of course he says that they have his driveshaft, singular, so who knows what he's trying to say.  Beware.

• Like 1

No, checkered flag (which is modern motorsports) and whitehead have the same supplier. i went threw all this with my stubaxles....your going to have to wait or say im not waiting,but then you get nothing. unless you can find a completely different source.  

Edited by G-Tech

I think this topic has come up before.  The supplier apparently has a minimum run size to meet a certain price.  But it might be that Whitehead and Checqucqyered are killing the product by splitting the demand.  If one guy has six and another four and the cost point is ten, and they were communicating, they could combine and everybody would win.  Looks lie they're not and everybody loses.

And the minimum order math from the suppler is probably based on old business models where setup time was long.  A modern shop with a CNC machine should be able to do one-offs for not a whole lot more than ten.  Seems like these issues shouldn't really be issues.  Kind of disappointing.

The supplier makes fantastic stuff, but I had a very hard time getting them to actually produce anything. Joe @ Modern Motorsports seems to have figured out how to get the guy to move. Sounds like Whitehead is having the same problem I did. I spent about a year waiting for them to do the 930 CV conversion. Finally gave up. Joe got them to actually produce the thing...

Edited by JMortensen