#21 Geno750

Geno750

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationDestin, FL

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

If you go R200 from just about anything, you can use the 4 lug hubs from an S13/14. They have the same spline count. You also get more differential options due to the larger aftermarket for the R200.

#22 seattlejester

seattlejester

Never Logs Off

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • LocationBellevue, WASHINGTON

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

That is good info.

I really don't think anyone will be destroying the rear differential itself save for something like a really worn bearing or some other pre-existing condition. The main benefit from changing out is the axles and elimination of rear stub axles. I've seen 800+hp cars running an R200, I suppose bumping up to the R230 couldn't hurt, but then again, you know, when is too much too much.

My ring gear is off of the Z31 non turbo and I'm running the VLSD from a J30. Looks like I have a 3.54 gear ratio matched up to my R154 now. It cruises nice, but I'm coming from a 4.11 before. I didn't really get a chance to get into it before I killed my engine. 

#23 Casper0878

Casper0878

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

If I got the Q45 diff I would probably just get the whole subframe. Would be cheaper at the junkyard than to get the parts individually. Then I could have a 5 lug in the rear with the beefier axles that T3 would rebuild when I purchase their rear end conversion kit.

How do you like the R154 with the 3.54 diff?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users