HybridZ

Import Duties On Ebay Wheels

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-15-AE86-Datsun-ta22-pcd114-3-Staggered-rims-wheels-240z-watanabe-Z31-s30-/152070725760?hash=item23681f2080:g:QpoAAOSwx-9W1B~l&vxp=mtr

Does anybody in the states know if we would have to pay duties on these wheels from Malaysia? And if so how would I go about it? 

I've been thinking about getting these for a while, but I haven't found any reviews so I'm a little nervous about the quality of their knock-off. Anybody have experience with something like this? Or would you recommend that I spend the extra $1000 and get the real thing?

What's so unique about those wheels if u don't mind me asking?

I mean, the style is identical or very similar to many wheels already imported, e.g. Panasports, minilites, rota rb (r/x/etc) konig rewinds. They're comparatively priced to the aforementioned. And they're definitely not real watanbe wheels.

What's so unique about those wheels if u don't mind me asking?

I mean, the style is identical or very similar to many wheels already imported, e.g. Panasports, minilites, rota rb (r/x/etc) konig rewinds. They're comparatively priced to the aforementioned. And they're definitely not real watanbe wheels.

I don't think there is anything different other than very minor styling differences. I was already looking for wheels around that size and thought I'd give these a try. Did you see in the description of the item, at the very bottom it says "Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility."

Is this normal when buying from other countries? I'm new to this.

I mean, it's up to you and your budget. I have no idea about import duties on wheels / in your circumstances. When I bought the carburetor it was through eBay, I remember that I didn't have to pay any but the seller may have. But the seller also shipped them and I'm not sure how they were declared on the forms and that would affect any duties applied.

It just seems like a lot of risk for no benefit / no significant benefit. E.g. Rota rkr can be had on eBay for ~$650 obo, with free shipping, already in the USA, choice of color.

I don't think there is anything different other than very minor styling differences. I was already looking for wheels around that size and thought I'd give these a try. Did you see in the description of the item, at the very bottom it says "Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility."

Is this normal when buying from other countries? I'm new to this.

Yes it is normal, but if such charges will be imposed depends on the laws of the importer's country, not the sellers. $260 for shipping of four wheels sound cheap to me.

Free shipping is always better though

$355

2 wheels Rota RKR 15x9 Offset:0

https://www.amazon.com/PCS-ONLY-ROTA-WHEELS-15X9/dp/B01N15JOMC/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1492793450&sr=1-6&keywords=rota+rkr+15x9+offset%3A0

$199(x2 = 398)

1 wheel Rota RKR 15x9 Offset:-15

https://www.amazon.com/ROTA-RKR-WHEELS-15X9-PCD/dp/B00UZQSKMY/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1492793531&sr=1-8&keywords=rota+rkr+15x9+offset%3A-15

355+398= $753

or

599+259= $855

I know the offset isn't 100% the same, but if that 5mm won't matter to you, it's 100 bucks difference.