HybridZ

Getting back to it. Working on the Z again.

Great work. I walk by my Z's everyday and have some reason or another not to do anything. I tend to go through spurts. Sometimes I just sit in her for that Z smell. Maybe that's weird, but to me most old Z's have a smell that is just their own.

Have to comment on the technology side of things. To me it's the realization of the movie Idiocracy coming true. People are just getting dumber and lazier. Hearing more reports of "homeless" being offered jobs, then turning them down because they are dumb enough to admit they make more money panhandling.

I swung by my local hobby shop that is closing after 35 plus years being open and the owner told me that the had to insert special instructions to charge the batteries! The assumption and expectation is that they will be charged out of the box. He said today's youth can do next to nothing. Barely a clue how to turn a screwdriver.

I think one day mechanics may make as much as Dr.s!

I used to sit in the car and act like I'm driving all the time, but it makes it hard to do when there's no seats, steering wheel, or pedals left in it, not to mention the fact that it's essentially standing on it's side.

I  absolutely agree with the Idiocracy thing. I won't be surprised if I hear people start watering their gardens with Gatorade and wonder why nothing is growing. And the way cars are going, I don't think mechanics will be getting doctor wages, but instead the mechanics will probably be replaced by electrical engineers and computer geeks. No one is going to know "lefty loosey, righty tighty" anymore and they'll have to use power ratchets with two buttons, one labeled "In" for tightening and the other labeled "Out" for loosening.

But then what will they do for a left hand thread!

Probably the same thing my old co-worker did when he couldn't get the clutch fan off a Dodge pick-up that was left hand thread, mess with it for an hour and then ask me for help. I tried to show him that you can tell which way to go by looking at what side of the belt the pulley is laying on, not sure if it stuck with him though.

• 1 month later...