HybridZ

Injector choices

Conedodger

You shouldn't have a big problem looking for the Toyota plugs you can get them new from a lot of places. I'm running the 440 CC yellow yellow they are ev1 if you cant get plugs you can switch to those they are plentiful. from the rb26 I believe I wish I knew at the time that Ms prefers High the injectors I am running Pwm wit no issues. However I did blow one of the bank circuits awhile ago I Dont know if its related or not. Also the car hasn't been driven that long (I got 2 and doing body resto now)

You shouldn't have a big problem looking for the Toyota plugs you can get them new from a lot of places. I'm running the 440 CC yellow yellow they are ev1 if you cant get plugs you can switch to those they are plentiful. from the rb26 I believe I wish I knew at the time that Ms prefers High the injectors I am running Pwm wit no issues. However I did blow one of the bank circuits awhile ago I Dont know if its related or not. Also the car hasn't been driven that long (I got 2 and doing body resto now)

Found some adapters to go from EV1 connectors on Datsun harness side to the Toyota Supra injectors with the Nippon Denso plug. $35.70 and Free shipping for a set of 6.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=282316220570&_sacat=0

s-l1600.jpg

Edit May,27th: The above adapters don't work on early Supra ( Late 1980's ) Nippon Denso injectors. They are made for the newer style Nippon Denso injectors from around 1993 onwards. They have a light grey color. Locating tangs on side are in wrong position. You could make these fit the earlier style injector by shaving off the side locating tangs on the injector. 

Updated May, 27th

I have found some early connectors from Hong Kong for only $9.99 ( set of 6 ) plus free shipping. They are a Black connector not Gray. Looks like they are a Universal Nippon Denso connector. Note the wide locating slots on the side. This Vendor has a comparability chart and they are supposed to fit all Nippon Denso injectors. I'll let you know when they get here. ( Literally "Slow Boat from China " ) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291929715010?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Chickenman

Using that excellent resource from NewZed, I have picked out some high impedance EV1 injectors that fit my calculated specs nearly perfectly. I discovered when researching them that they even have a nickname! Green Giant injectors!

Ha Ha .. Green Giants were a favorite choice of the VW/Audi crowd for a long. Since then most Hybrid and BT guys are running E85 and need bigger injectors. And we have a unique spray pattern because of the three intake runners per cylinder ( 5 vales per cylinder ) and the GG didn't really give us the spray pattern that was ideal. Great for a Z engine though ( and many others )  

The Green giants were always a favorite for the medium boost crowd.  440cc aren't they? Good choice. 

• 1 month later...