HybridZ

Donations???

NW240Z

I received this forum message today........Same one from a year ago. I expect the same from 2 years ago as well.

I know the donation part is not only to help fund the site, but also to ward off spammers and scammers.

I am happy to donate to that end.

This just it seems like such a rude, in your face, **** off email "you have now be demoted" Then thanks you for supporting this forum.

It would seem more appropriate to receive a friendlier reminder that my donation time is expiring and to please donate again for all the extras in the forum that come with being a donating member. Perhaps a week or so before just chopping me off.  I will set this event in my calendar to avoid this undesired contact. 

Just my 2 cents, and soap box rant.  Now, off to donate (more than $.02) and back to working on my Z.

NWZ

SuperDan

Bikini Wax Consultant

• LocationSan Diego, Ca

Sent Today, 09:06 AM

Your group promotion given during your last donation has expired. You have now be demoted to a different user group. Thank you for supporting this forum.
Experience is a hard teacher, she gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.
  •  

There's a donate tab in the top navigation bar toward the right.

As for the complaint, honestly I think you're being too sensitive. It's a canned response that most likely came with the forum software. Who cares? It serves a purpose to let you know that your user status changed, and that's it. Besides, it's the correct word to use. When you donate, you upgraded to another user group with more privileges, and after a year, you are demoted back to the standard user group. Lighten up.

As for the complaint, honestly I think you're being too sensitive. It's a canned response that most likely came with the forum software. Who cares? It serves a purpose to let you know that your user status changed, and that's it. Besides, it's the correct word to use. When you donate, you upgraded to another user group with more privileges, and after a year, you are demoted back to the standard user group. Lighten up.

I do understand its purpose, to let you know it is time to donate again, that is fine. I know it is an automated bot sending those messages too. I don't believe the words came with the software.

I think in this world of typed communication, this could easily be reworked into a simple yet polite reminder of your pending year end upgraded status.

Then If you decided not to donate you would be "downgraded" and be returned to a status quo user. 

(Demoted = give (someone) a lower rank or less senior position, usually as a punishment.)