HybridZ

L26 touring/street build

Ok so.....  

I drive my early 260Z on a lot of road trips and its about to hit 100k (160-168 PSI pre cylinder).

The factory motor still has an ok shape C Cam, I run rebuilt early SU's with a Mallory mechanical advance distributor and coil. 

So I wanna keep the factory block in the car as i'm keeping the car "stock looking" also.

So what i'm thinking of doing in slapping on a E31 head to bump the compression and a schneider 274F cam maybe add bigger valves?. (I have 2 E31 one heads on the parts rack.)

So what do you think about this for just a road car? I'm not looking for any thing crazy just touring/street motor with more compression.

Not looking to do any L28 or stroker work.

Thanks

Edited by aceofspades

Sounds like a good plan. Build your 31 head and don't be shy about the cam, it will still drive good and idle fine with that cam. I'd shave down the head to about 39cc or less if you get 91 octane . And yes to bigger valves - intake and exhaust .

Sounds like a good plan. Build your 31 head and don't be shy about the cam, it will still drive good and idle fine with that cam. I'd shave down the head to about 39cc or less if you get 91 octane . And yes to bigger valves - intake and exhaust .

Is there different cam I should be looking at with this build in mind?