HybridZ

How to Wiring Mackay MS3 harenss....???

emil

Hi..!

I´m new in this forum and new to the Datsun Cars....!

I have an 280 ZX-81 and i´m living in Sweden were this cars is hard to find...!

im going to build a L28E whit turbo and have talk to Kurk Mackay a lott and he has guided me throu my building.

I have bougth a complet kit from Kurk whit MS3, Harness, MTX-L WBO2 and IAT and TPS sensors...

I also have relays and fuse box from Kurk....

Now he cant help me whit my questions and I need som help with the wiring....

were do I conect the relays to my stoch Feulpump relay?

were dó i find IGN 12V to support my MS3 with Power?

I have wiring diagram for the MTX-L and the IAT...

The TPS have 3 cabels in the plug... The harness from Kurk dosen´t have a conector for this one.. so i Think i have to cut and make my on plugs....  wich wires should I use in the harness?

I hop that someone will help me....!

and I´m sorry for my bad English!!

Best regards

Emil

post-53870-0-73882000-1494155902_thumb.jpg

These are all basic questions that are in the MSExtra manuals. Check the Hardware, Software and Tuning manuals. 

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/

MSExtra has a ton of information on their site. Unfortunately it can be somewhat hard to find what you are after, due to the large amount of information. But it's all there. 

TPS terminals are usually left un-terminated as there are so many different types of TPS that can be used. Google the year and model of your TPS switch.  IE: GM TPS connector. Or Ford TPS terminal. 240SX TPS connector. 

DIY Autotune carries some of the more popular types. 

I have read the manual! But I don't know how Kurk maid the harness... so I hope that someone else have a mackay harness and know how it works!

So where in my car can I conect to Ign so my MS relay switch on my MS unit?

And we're can I conect my fuel pump?

I understand how I conect the relay tho my MS but how do I conect it to the fuel pump in my car?

These questions I can't find I MS manual??!!

Look under the drivers kick panel to the left of the steering column.  There should be a white connector with four wires coming out of it, Switched 12v, Constant 12v, Fuel pump and Start. Use a multi-meter to verify. Unplug the connector and use the hot side of the connector to power the appropriate relays. 

For the TPS you will have to make your own connection, the wire should be labeled. If not hook everything else up and it should become apparent which ones they are.

10807d1370409383-l28et-s30-tucked-like-s

I cant find this plug!

I don't find a plug where fuel pump and ign are separated...

I've got 4 wires from plug to ign. lock...!

Black/white- ign

Yellow - start

Blue - Acc

White - +12v constant

Nothing I can use there...

The relay box under hood? Can I connect MS there?

Okey!

Thanks anyway!

Do you know if e need the stock relays? Or can I only use the MS relays to support fuel pump?

The ignition I think I have found! :)

And the TPS I can't find in the MS 3 harness..?

Do you run harness frome Mackay?

Yes i have the Mackay harness. It did not come with the 240sx TPS. I had to buy and modify one to fit. I did not use the factory fuel pump and efi relay.

I had previously done a l28et swap with stock harness and ecu on my 280z, so the MS3 harness and ecu was basically the same install. See if you can find a l28et swap guide for a 280zx, it might help you to see visually where connections are made.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done all my wiring and I think it is all okay!

But how do I know if my ECU power up?

I can't conect my tunerstudio to the MS ECU..?

The 3 led's on my ECU are the going light up when ECU are powered?

Anyone know??

The lights on the ECU are processor controlled outputs and don't always light up when it's powered up; what makes them turn on will depend on the settings. Try powering the ECU up on a Stim instead of on the car (or on a bench where it's connected to 12 volts and ground, but nothing else) and see if it will talk to TunerStudio there.

Tune has nothing to do with who made the made the MS box or wiring Loom.

It's more likely that you have a communication error between your Laptop and your MS ECU and simply have some settings wrong. Are you using a USB to serial port adapter and what brand is it? . Do you have the correct drivers loaded for the USB adapter if you are using one? . Do you have the communication protocols are set correctly in BOTH Tuner Studio and Device Manager ?( They have to match )  These issues are all covered in the MS manuals. 

BTW, What OS is your Laptop running on?