Megasquirt my N/A 1977 280z

Alex.mira22

Motor specs

-L28 3.0 bore block with forged Ross Racing flat top pistons

-aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator

-N47 port and polished head

-pallnet aluminum fuel rail

-stock injectors (new)

-stock distributor with electronic crane cams ignition and fireball ignition coil

(Motor has like 600 Kilometers on it since rebuild) im from Canada..

My question really is... How "simple" is the megasquirt install, I'm confused with the bip373 mod and the stock coil.

I plan to run MS2 fuel only for now because my stock wiring and ecu is toast, and I've checked all my ohms and test in the FI bible. I've given up on the stock Efi system, And im also tired of the AFM!!

What do I need for this install for fuel only?

How do I hook up to the electronic ignition? Or do I even have to for fuel only?

240sx throttle body?

I'm confused! I Need help!!

Edited by Alex.mira22

Might as well do both ignition and fuel . It's a steep learning curve but it will click if you keep reading. There's lots of reading on this site under the MS section. . Some shy away from ignition but I did it first. Getting ready to do fuel myself. You need to get a direction of where your heading and then come up with specific questions

I plan to run MS2 fuel only for now because my stock wiring and ecu is toast, and I've checked all my ohms and test in the FI bible. I've given up on the stock Efi system, And im also tired of the AFM!!

MS is probably more difficult to get working than the stock system, so if you couldn't figure out the stock system MS won't make your life easier.  MS will run your engine better, but the stock EFI system is so basic it's essentially a tutorial on how EFI works, in general.

You should be using the Megamanual.  You can trigger the MS system using the negative post of the coil, just like the factory system does.

Here's a couple of pages that cover what you need and other stuff.  You don't need a 240SX throttle body.  You might be thinking of a throttle position sensor but you don't need that either.  You already have a throttle body.

Click the blue links for details.  

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mintro.htm#applic

Here's a mention of triggering from the coil - http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/pickups.htm

Motor specs

-L28 3.0 bore block with forged Ross Racing flat top pistons

-aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator

-N47 port and polished head

-pallnet aluminum fuel rail

-stock injectors (new)

-stock distributor with electronic crane cams ignition and fireball ignition coil

(Motor has like 600 Kilometers on it since rebuild) im from Canada..

My question really is... How "simple" is the megasquirt install, I'm confused with the bip373 mod and the stock coil.

What do I need for this install for fuel only?

How do I hook up to the electronic ignition? Or do I even have to for fuel only?

240sx throttle body?

I'm confused! I Need help!!

With a motor like that, I would definitely ditch the stock EFI system. You will make more power and the tunability is priceless. 

Why would you go fuel only ? its literally a couple more wires and you have spark 

240sx TB bolt right in space with spacer (to allign linkage or bolts direct with shortened linkage or throttle cable conversion) 

These answer have all been beaten to death 

IMight as well do both ignition and fuel . It's a steep learning curve but it will click if you keep reading. There's lots of reading on this site under the MS section. . Some shy away from ignition but I did it first. Getting ready to do fuel myself. You need to get a direction of where your heading and then come up with specific questions

\agreed!

I have done all the research I can, it's been 3 months of googling, searching forums, emails diyobo about ms2 and I just can't seem to understand those 3 questions asked above

Honestly, if you have been truly doing 3 months of research you kinda suck at research haha

If ms2 is scaring you I do a plug and play harness system it's perfect for your situation. Check the group forum buy I am currently doing 4 already completed 2.