HybridZ

240z Wilwood Clutch Master install

Going through old threads I found it difficult to find more info on the hydraulic aspect of the Wilwood 7/8 clutch master install.

With the advise from an old post on here by one of our other members, I ordered the Wilwood 260-3376 kit.

Towards the end he said that most people tap the outlet for a -3an fitting.

I didn't want to go out and buy a tap so I did a lot of googling of drawings and came up with a method to attach the stock lines to the master without much work and modification.

There are two methods. One is cheap and the other is cheaper.

Method 1 (cheapest):
Part required is the brakequip bq50. This is a fitting adapter that will allow the connection of the OEM 10mm x 1.0 Inverted flare to adapt to the 3/8-24 Wilwood outlet.
lSlW16u.jpg
I went to a local line shop and tried this fitting out. It will work. The one in the picture has an inverted flare end to it but with the crush washer that came in the Wilwood kit, it will theoretically seal. This fitting is expremely cheap online <$4 not including shipping. I didn't go this route because for some odd reason I just don't want to bend the OEM hardline to match the Wilwood's outlet angle (90 Degrees off).

Method 2, the method I will be using:

Parts:
1 qty Brakequip - BQ61
1 qty Brakequip - BQ8093
2 qty Brakequip - BQ3858

Here you can see it's pretty self explanatory. This method keeps the fitting facing in the correct angle, just a little shift forward towards the front of the car.

XwybX2vm.jpg

02mFq9Om.jpg

I will report back after I install the master, but if anyone has any objections to this please let me know.

I couldn't find exact parts when I first started my research so I hope this will help future readers.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: 

Got the unit installed and working. Pedal feel felt stiff and short, but I haven't felt what the stock pedal feels like in a long time so I can't tell if its better or not.

As I was getting ready for a test drive, I noticed that while trying to put the window washer reservoir back in its place the master sticks out just a little too much.

gXPCvLGm.jpg

9nR3lMIm.jpg

After the test drive, all was well.

I really wanted the reservoir to go back in its place so luckily I was given a new OEM clutch slave and installed it. To my surprise,with the OEM unit the pedal feel was about half that of the Wilwood. Almost too soft.

So the take away, I wouldn't go with this Wilwood 7/8 for the clutch.