mforget

No porting - just cleaned up runners around screw bosses

EFI kit z car depot 1300$

MS3 with harness - 800$

Fuel rail - 150$

New injectors - 225$

4 bbl intake -$?

Cam regrind and springs $

You need to write it all out and crunch the numbers .

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I already started yess....

I would have to have someone finetune the ms3 for me and probably a dyno run so those costs adds to ms3 as well....ez-efi is nice for this you start the engine and go.....as stated before i already have one on my race car and i was impressed with that thing....

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjU5VB8wXXw3lBnqqy2VusfxaXvp

I would look into Microsquirt, it's a MS2 based durable version, intended for motorcycles and open cars.

I couldn't justify doing MS3, that extra ~400 can be spend else where. Only thing you can do with MS3 over MS2 is:

- Sequential injection (point less on our engines)

- Not wasted spark (Wasted spark is fune unless mega turbo or other crazyness)

- SD card logging. (Just have your laptop in your car for the first months or so)

Please let me know if I am wrong!!!

I believe your wrong on the comparison , but I slept since I bought mine -lol. MS3 comes ready to plug in smart coils , so no opening the box to solder in anything . Also had built in map sensor soldered in. MS3 357 board is machine soldered- less chance of issues.

MS3 has larger tables for tuning , etc... I think you are understating things.

I still believe you should swap out the head and bump compression and get a much bigger cam if you are going with a programmable ECU. Why spend all the ECU money and not do the single most important thing to these motors by waking them up with a cam. Hell, I could have gone with an even bigger cam than my Isky- this engine is perfect for the street .

I already started yess....

I would have to have someone finetune the ms3 for me and probably a dyno run so those costs adds to ms3 as well....ez-efi is nice for this you start the engine and go.....as stated before i already have one on my race car and i was impressed with that thing....

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjU5VB8wXXw3lBnqqy2VusfxaXvp

So dyno tune not required with this ECU?

I am not saying one is better than the other either, just asking

Edited by madkaw

I believe your wrong on the comparison , but I slept since I bought mine -lol. MS3 comes ready to plug in smart coils , so no opening the box to solder in anything . Also had built in map sensor soldered in. MS3 357 board is machine soldered- less chance of issues.

MS3 has larger tables for tuning , etc... I think you are understating things.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but your right! There are a few more things you mentioned with the sensors and drivers. Also USB and maybe something else. I understated things.

I had to buy the MAP sensor and build a container for it, some extra cables. Same goes for drivers, maybe MS3 is an easier and more stable path.

The only downside with MS3 is the connector and size! Microsquirt is somewhat water proof and has an AMP seal connector.

However I do believe Microsquirt is also machine soldered? That was the biggest thing for me.

Always dyno for best results. But you can get going and get decent performance in your garage. Basic tuning with Megasquirt/Tunerstudio is a pleasure!! 

Took me a few hours to go from not starting and running better than stock EFI (for a stock engine). And I am not a good tuner in anyway. To get the last 10% performance requires some skills.

Also get a wideband.

It might be hard to get something that works in both -30F and +120F, in Holland (under sea level) and at Mount Everest. someone else can chime in on that. I just made it work for Texas weather.

No dyno required as the ecu is self tuning. Based mainly on wideband sensor data......may not be 100% optimal like a real dyno tune but it can run really good let me tell you.....