HybridZ

Picked up another Z project.

Was looking for a less modified Z project for a while. Bought a little cleaner 1972 with a stock rear and SBC engine and trans.

I've collected enough SBC stuff to build a fairly nice new motor, plus I have a good L33 and a 2JZGTE. I'm not a big fan of the SBC

and may do some research on the 2JZ wiring just to have something less common. I have a new CD000A trans that could be used for any of

the 3 so I guess I'll just have to pick a direction. Something quiet with around 350 to 400 hp would make a nice driver with a good sports car feel.

post-41554-0-18074800-1496941897_thumb.jpg

Nothing against v8's, but driving a friends 240z with a patchwork motor from the Datsun Comp book(around 250 hp) was way more fun than my supercharged LQ4 straight line special.

RonA

The other question to ask is how much chassis with do you want to do? The v8 will definitely create more torque and require additional chassis stiffening and reinforcement over the 2JZ. I love V8s, but a straight 6 turbo or NA with high rpms would definitely be fun. Just more food for thought.

Edited by 1969honda