HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
gira

OBX LSD R200

gira    12

Folks,

I need an LSD unit and I have read a bunch of stuff about these diffs. I read enough to finally make me comfortable enough to try one on one of my race cars. NOW, I can't freakin find one!

Any idea of where to find one. I've tried Ebay and other typical web searches.

Thanks very much,

Greg Ira

gira    12
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys. Yeah, here's the real problem. I can't verify it'll fit. I mean it mentions everything except the 280ZX. It's hard to tell if I am looking at the correct part. I actually have the part number from the threads too, and the part number associated with the ones for sale on ebay do not match.

Greg

Edited by gira

gira    12

FYI,

I bought the OBX from Ebay. It's a different part number than the earlier ones in the threads. Brand new out of the box the washers were screwed. One was already broken and wedged into the retainer housing. Just so people will know that as of this point, the OBX people have not forked up the few dollars for decent washer. Wonder wtf is the reason for that. I mean, you'd think they could by in bulk and get a killer deal.

Greg

260DET    25

Use the GKN one from a S chassis instead of messing around with that problematical knock off. I have no clue as to which US S chassis cars had these as OE, maybe none at all but they were a selected world option.