HybridZ

C6 Corvette suspension and trans swap

Powellbr

Hi all, so I'm new here and I need some info. I'm looking at building a 240z and swapping the six cylinder for an all aluminum small block chevy and c6 Corvette suspension and transmission but I need to know, because I'm new to the scene I don't know if anyone makes a kit that already includes narrowed suspension crossmembers and that. If not, how hard is it to do it myself? Would it be easier to make it out of tubing? And if I do narrow it, would I have an issue with the rear differential not fitting in the crossmember? Hope my question makes sense, thanks in advance.

You're asking to do a completely custom rear suspension and drivetrain that no ones ever done before, then asking how hard it will be...

No one is gonna know, the closest anyone has ever done with that is I believe ONE guy who swapped in the rear suspension out of a C4 Vette. Unfortunately, that whole build thread doesn't exist anymore. It was Turbobuicks.com, but the links to it doesn't work anymore.

Good luck though!

The C6 Corvette is about 10 inches wider, and if you narrow the rear suspension by that much, or even enough to fit under an S30 with fender flares, you'll probably mess up the geometry. And I doubt you could do it without gutting the back half and making a tube chassis. Also, the Corvette uses a transaxle, not just a normal differential. The fact that you're asking any of these questions at all tells me you don't have the knowledge or skill.

If you want Corvette suspension and engine, buy a Corvette.