HybridZ

Dyno Tune Day Today - 503 WHP!! :-)

Hi Hybridz. After waiting patiently for months on end for the right 240/260/280 to pop up for sale, I recently picked up this beast of a 280 with a 2015 LS3 setup. She still has quite a few things to finish up, but most of the hard work is already done.. One item that had yet to be completed was engine tuning after cam/Springs/trunions/headers/etc. what better way to introduce myself than with dyno charts, pics, and video! Got the LS3 dialed in today at a local shop called Pure Fabrication here in Panama City. Top notch team and facility. I had no idea what a cam and some bolt ons can do for the LS3! Going into this, I told myself I'd be happy with anything around or over 450 WHP. Boy am I a happy camper now!!

502.9 WHP

481.6 WTQ

YouTube vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ispXDAAid4Y

post-54864-0-62219600-1497580576_thumb.png

post-54864-0-28424100-1497580602_thumb.jpg

post-54864-0-25873700-1497580657_thumb.jpg

Edited by LS3Z
  • Like 1

Wow nice. Buy some stock in Discount tires!

Thanks, Hah, Excellent Idea!  I am glad that they are reasonably cheap tires!

:iagree:

Nice Job!  You need more tire!

Thanks, Agreed, but I should probably do some rear upgrades first.  Right now, I consider them "torque limiters" or "axle savers"   ;)  I am actually amazed at how well they hook up.  1st gear is useless, 2nd depends on the asphalt condition, but usually breaks loose towards the top of 2nd (75MPH), but still pulls VERY strong.

Nice numbers I have to ask what colour is that I was leaning to a brown but all my friends talked me out of it. Looks gorgeous with the tan interior!

Thanks, The paint is called "Anthracite" from the 1993 Toyota Supra.  It is a nice color and does go well with the cream interior.  It definitely fits the era of the car and keeps the classic look.  It probably wouldn't have been my 1st pick, but it is still nice.

very nicely done car. Can we see some more detailed pics?

Thanks, I do need to get some decent pictures together.  Next time I wash it, I'll get my nice camera and take some good shots.

Edited by LS3Z

Don't mean to be a downer but if you still have a rubber diff mount in the back, after the PO installed 500 horses, there might be a lot more lacking back there.  Kind of sounding like it might be a build budget depletion sale from the PO.  Good luck and read some of the SUNNY Z and RebekahsZ threads, among many others, on breaking things and how they fixed them.  You might still have the original open diff.

Don't mean to be a downer but if you still have a rubber diff mount in the back, after the PO installed 500 horses, there might be a lot more lacking back there.  Kind of sounding like it might be a build budget depletion sale from the PO.  Good luck and read some of the SUNNY Z and RebekahsZ threads, among many others, on breaking things and how they fixed them.  You might still have the original open diff.

Thanks as always for the leads on building the rear end.  It is all stock, albeit in excellent condition.  I believe it does have the original open diff (when on a lift, wheels spin opposite directions when in gear, only one wheel spins when not in gear).  How it lays 2 black tracks all through 2nd gear while remaining mostly hooked up is a mystery to me.  I have yet to see any one wheel wonder shenanigans.  I dont have any plans on racing the car.  Its just a means of getting my adrenaline fix on a daily basis and filling the small voids between a 3 month old, a 3 year old, wife, and work.  Building cars and wrenching in the garage has been a passion of mine since I was a kid.  I'll take it easy, or as easy as possible while going WOT, on this rear end and will upgrade to something more stout when I have time and $$, or when the original breaks on me.  Hopefully later than sooner as I am REALLY enjoying the performance as-is currently.  No clutch dumps, banging gears, or hard launches till then.  The seller was very up front with me.  He is one of those car nuts with too much time AND money.  Has built many Zs in the past 30 years and knows them inside and out.  He pulled the entire drivetrain from his, at the time, brand new 2015 Chevy SS with 1000 miles on it and installed it into the Z.  Built a 1000HP race engine to put into the SS.  Eventually blew his race engine and needed some $$ to build another race engine.  He decided to keep his SS grocery getter/track car,the wife's manual SS, the Porsche Cayenne, the diesel Chevy 3500 with enclosed car hauler, and the crazy nice international motorhome, so he sold me the Z.  Considering what he spent on the car originally and what he has put in to it since, it would have cost me around $35k to build it myself.  He was eager for a quick cash sale to the right buyer so he took a large hit and accepted my initial offer.  I have had a smile on my face ever since!   :D   

Edited by LS3Z

• 2 weeks later...

Nice buy!

Whats the tire size? They look nice and meaty from the side, good profile

They are 225/50/15 rear and 205/55/15 front.  Nexen Nfera SUR4.  Very sticky tire.  Hooks up great and corners great for your around town shenanigans.  I just looked up more info about the tire.  Seems that they are only made in a 225/45 for the 15 inch wheel now.  Great.

I'm going to Panama City on vacation in August- maybe meet you and take me for a ride?!

I probably won't ever do a LS1 conversion , but would love to feel 500 hp in a Z.

Congrats

Let me know when you're in town and I'll take you for a spin, not literally I hope.   :-).  Panama City, August, No AC, small windows.....bring an extra shirt!

post-54864-0-04037500-1498827827_thumb.jpg

post-54864-0-67358400-1498827831_thumb.jpg

post-54864-0-14919300-1498827837_thumb.jpg

Edited by LS3Z

• 2 months later...