HybridZ

Alternator problem....

emil

My old alternator went bad and I bought a new one...

the old one was a Bosch from a Volkswagen and the guy installing it have cut my T-connection...

The new one came whit a new T and I rewire it...

now I can't turn of my engine...

Key is of but engine still running..

and some how it power the ign...

The voltage light works and the it comes of when engine runs... if I disconnect the blue wire from Alternator it works but it gives 15 volts to battery!!

I'm going for a tuning shop in Monday to tune my MS so I'm desperate to get this work!!!

I have now idea what to do!

Pleas help :)

You need a diode on one of the wires from the T plug.  You didn't say what year car you're working with.  But it's a common problem, after people rewire their 240Z's to use an internally regulated alternator.

Pretty sure that the L wire is the one that needs a diode.  Position the diode so that current only flows to the alternator but not back.

Found a good description.  I think that all you need to do is add the diode.  Post #4.  Assuming that somebody else already rewired everything else for an internally regulated alternator.  http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/110443-more-73-240z-voltage-regulator-swap.html

My car is a 280zx 1981 so it always have a internally regulator I think... that's what people told me..!

The blue wire in the t goes to the volt light and that's work! But if I disconnect blue wire it stops running whit key turn off...

I have a wiring diagram from Haynes but I can't figure it it why it won't work...! :(