HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Luke_elkins32

280zx door seal weatherstripping alternative?

i sure hope someone that can reproduce these is reading. i posted a couple threads asking the same thing, with no response. just gonna have to piece something together eventually.. i cant just throw my car out because i dont have weatherstripping

I have an 280zx 83' and remember found a thread saying the kia sportage works, got a pair and its not amazing but it kinda worked lol :P

https://www.kiapartsnow.com/genuine/kia-wthstp-frt-door~0k01858760b.html (i think) 

and the rest of the weatherstripping was from

https://zcarsource.com/weatherstrip-kit-280zx-82-83-coupe-no-t-tops-new

The Zcarsource kit does not include the door seals. These seals are probably the most wanted of all, especially the small one on top of the door that gets smashed after years of use and it's the one that allows water to enter the cockpit floor. I'm trying to Steel Rubber to make some kits and will post my finding soon. 

On 12/21/2017 at 2:28 AM, Mayolives said:

The Zcarsource kit does not include the door seals. These seals are probably the most wanted of all, especially the small one on top of the door that gets smashed after years of use and it's the one that allows water to enter the cockpit floor. I'm trying to Steel Rubber to make some kits and will post my finding soon. 

cool to hear someone is trying to help out us s130 owners! I've tried to research how to make new rubbers but got no where fast. hopefully you'll have better luck thank i did!

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, Luke_elkins32 said:

cool to hear someone is trying to help out us s130 owners! I've tried to research how to make new rubbers but got no where fast. hopefully you'll have better luck thank i did!

I spoke with Steele Rubber yesterday.  They are not interested in making ZX weather striping due to only making product for American cars and initial cost of tooling. However, they have ask me to send a set of ZX door seals to them to see if they could match or come close to a match from their existing inventory of door seals. I will remove the seals from my 79, sent them off and post my findings as soon as I hear from Steele Rubber. Fingers crossed!!!