HybridZ

Has anyone dealt with Bill Brinkworth?

luseboy

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but seeing as how he makes the D-Brinkworth flares and other body parts this seemed the most pertinent.  I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has dealt with buying from him before.  I ordered and paid for a set of rear flares from him back in May.  He told me 4-6 weeks before I would see the flares.  After 6 weeks of no contact I messaged him (on instagram) to see what was up. I had to message him a few times, with my messages being read but not responded to before he messaged me back to say it would be another 4 weeks.  Those 4 weeks have come and gone, and yet again I've gotten zero contact and zero explanation.  I've been trying to get ahold of him for a week now unsuccessfully.  Anyways I'm really feeling like I'm getting ripped off and it was no small amount of money I've paid him.  If anyone knows him personally please understand this is not an attack nor an attempt to smear him, just curious if others have had similar experiences or not.  I'm really apprehensive as to whether or not I will ever see the flares.  

I would love to hear anyone's experience, positive or negative.  

Thanks

I know he broke his arm very recently and hasn't been able to do much work at all...perhaps a little preoccupied with some shows for his car too. I gather with the Arm broken, things have really backed up. But whether that's a justifiable reason or not is up for debate. They're one off parts and can't really be had elsewhere. Sort of like commissioning a shop to do some custom work, timelines can get pushed back. It's not something he has sitting on the shelf ready to ship.

That said, lack of communication is a big no-no. I'd hope he would at least respond with updated timelines or some status on your order within a couple business days at most. He's not the type to "rip you off" though, just not super prompt with timing. Good luck, and if I see him around the local meets, I'll let him know.