HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Derek

Project Binkey

Derek    46

So I posted this in another thread but figured I should put it here. They are doing a AWD conversion on a Mini Cooper.  The fab work is really amazing. The video series is entertaining and really filled with a ton of great ideas.  

Derek

LLave    15

I have been one of their patreon supporters for some time. Great project, amazing, simple (relatively) techniques. They proved you don't need super fancy equipment. Five stars, would watch again. 

Zetsaz    4

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. It's amazing how much they accomplish mostly with tools a lot of people have. Honestly almost makes me want to learn fabrication and do that. What am I doing being a music teacher? haha

clarkspeed    10

It's worth watching just to see the rotisserie. That thing is amazing.

That rotisserie is not so hot.  Check out my one hand check out spin last week for the rotisserie I designed/built in our shop.

https://www.facebook.com/262575520591481/videos/801158750066486/

(I know it is not as nice as theirs, but humor me)

clarkspeed    10

I miss measured the center of the car in the rear about 4" when building the frame holding fixture. (measure twice, weld once!).  So I couldn't quite get the side to side cg exact.  If you look close, there is a 4 cylinder crank and some steel ty-wrapped to the passenger door cage.  Otherwise if would have worked perfect.  I may re-do the fixture later.