HybridZ

Recommendations for an ignition switch

Looking for a replacement. I am assuming mine has gone bad and would like to get parts in hand.

The last one I got was from thailand. It lasted a pretty good time, but would very much not like to be stuck like that again.

The ones from Zcardepot look to be very similar, so I am a bit hesitant. MSA I think charges more for pretty much the same.

Anyone have recommendations on a new ignition switch that they have had some long term success with?

I was thinking about doing something like that. I did buy illuminated push button switches for that purpose a while back. Maybe I'll have to look that up. 

My fear is that given the relays that drive them if you had some lower voltage you might not even be able to trigger them, and there was always the question of if they will fail to trigger during the cranking voltage drop. So if you were cranking and it fell below 9 or so volts would it just stop sending an ignition signal and you would no longer be able to start your car.

I ended up ordering a replacement ignition switch, just the electronic portion from zcardepot along with some other small parts. We will see how that goes.

Wow, I appreciate the effort, I honestly wasn't even considering OEM to be honest. I figured it would be way out of budget or NLA. I already placed the order from zcardepot, but I might just pick up the OEM one while I can as well, granted not sure if this is NOS, at that point I might be concerned just given the  age.

^Goodness all those acronyms.