HybridZ
SuperDan

HybridZ may be shutting down.

Posted (edited)

Just disabled adblocker for the site on my laptop, and will do the same on my computer when I get home. Also donated. Keep up the good work, a countdown progress bar would be a great idea. I also will click on an ad every time I visit.

Edited by socorob

Posted (edited)

I got immediately concerned when I saw this. I've been wandering this site since my early teens and a member since just after high school when I decided the Z dream should be a reality. Don't have much currently since I actually just upgraded my own computer for work, but I'll be donating more frequently. $25 on it's way for now. 

Most of what I know about Z's and cars in general I learned from reading for hours and hours on this site. It's an invaluable resourse.

I will second trying to find a way to remove old clutter and really dead threads that don't contribute to anything and have been inactive for a long time. Would make finding the good stuff even faster!

Edited by Zetsaz

Donated: Dealing with chemotherapy currently or woulda been more! I enjoy frequenting the site randomly, gets my mind off work and other things. The ads i never minded them, just ignored them mostly.

Donated: Dealing with chemotherapy currently or woulda been more! I enjoy frequenting the site randomly, gets my mind off work and other things. The ads i never minded them, just ignored them mostly.

I feel for ya brother. I've been through the chemotherapy regimen myself, dealing with non hodgkin lymphoma in 2005.

So GOOD LUCK to you brother.....

Sorry for the lack of updates, stupid internet went out yesterday LOL.

Server purchased.

Software licences all paid up.

Working a test conversion for the site. Ill keep you guys posted.

Thanks much!

dan

• Like 1

SuperDan! I don't think this site is ready to die yet. We are still getting new members all the time.

My donation incoming!

Also idk whats going on in the background but why not migrate to cloud services like Amazon AWS? No need to manage hardware and pricing is done based on demand.

Also idk whats going on in the background but why not migrate to cloud services like Amazon AWS? No need to manage hardware and pricing is done based on demand.

That's how people got started on Photobucket.

Dan,

If it comes down to the point where you have to close the website, please let me make a copy of the databases, it would be a shame to see all the information over the past 20 years to vanish. I know there are a lot of Z peeps around the world that end up on the forum when searching for solutions to problems.

If you need help reducing costs for maintence + backups, it's something that I know moderately well, would be more than happy to help out!

Dan,

If it comes down to the point where you have to close the website, please let me make a copy of the databases, it would be a shame to see all the information over the past 20 years to vanish. I know there are a lot of Z peeps around the world that end up on the forum when searching for solutions to problems.

If you need help reducing costs for maintence + backups, it's something that I know moderately well, would be more than happy to help out!

I forgot to put that in the original post.

If it came down to shutting it down I would have found a place on the internet to store a read-only copy of the data for everyone to still get access to.

Because yeah, all that data being lost would suck for the Z community.