HybridZ

Idle Issues

So I decided to fix my fuel injector problem (leaking injector) so once I got everything hooked back up the car fired up but wont stay running at idle. i drove it home from the shop and driving it responds great, normal as usual. Just if I let it idle the rpms will start to drop and the engine will eventually die. 

Im guessing it is a vacuum leak? I checked the hoses there are no rips or tears in them. 

In the attached photo , what is the circular thing that has the hose on the top of it, kinda looks like a wastegate and is goldish in color?

When I turn the key to the on position I can hear air around there, not sure if it is escaping from the hoses, but they are not cracked and there were no clamps on it before I took it off.

/

post-54351-0-95380500-1501377215_thumb.jpg

That is the stock fuel pressure regulator (fpr). It shouldn't make any noise with the car off or on really.

It sounds to me that in working on your injectors you tore, cracked or bumped a vacuum line. While the car is running, take a hand held propane torch turn the gas on lightly and hold it around all the different vacuum lines you think you hear a sound. If you find the leak the rpms should increase. Just as an FYI you don't light the torch!

You can do the same thing with carb cleaner but it is a little more dangerous.

Okay, problem is the car wont stay running long enough for me to be in the engine bay looking for a vacuum leak.  If I do not occasionally give the car gas it will die, which points to it being lean, and probably a vacuum leak as you stated as well.

Would a hole in the elbow that goes to the throttle body cause such a problem as well?

Edited by gmorrone1214

Yes. If it is the boot after the afm and before the throttle body your introducing unmetered air.

Get a friend, wife, parent, bum, rock to give it gas while you hunt.

Also go read up on what your working on. You can download the whole FSM for free.

http://www.xenonzcar.com/s130/fsm.php

Thanks for the help, found out there was a tear on that boot, i just taped it up to see if that was the issue, and it was. Car runs perfect again. Just a temporary fix for now will replace it. Once again thanks for the help!

Instead of making another thread.....My power steering feels like its 1/2 way not there, but I did notice this was leaking the other day on the drivers side.

https://ibb.co/ncAdAQ

1/2 way not there meaning ... it's hard to turn one way and not the other? First make sure it's full. Then try it again.

I have an old chevy truck 2001 that doesn't leak at all. One way it turns perfect. The other way it's like what power steering. Still haven't figured that out. I drive it once a week to mow my rental property grass so no worries. One day I'll get around to it.

1/2 way not there meaning ... it's hard to turn one way and not the other? First make sure it's full. Then try it again.

I have an old chevy truck 2001 that doesn't leak at all. One way it turns perfect. The other way it's like what power steering. Still haven't figured that out. I drive it once a week to mow my rental property grass so no worries. One day I'll get around to it.

Yeah thats exactly how it is right now, one way feels like power steering and turning the opposite feels like no power steering.  Yes, I did top it off originally as my first step.