HybridZ

ARP Head Studs

Hi, I am wanting to know if the head studs for the L24-L28 gas engine will work on the LD28 diesel? Or if not is there a difference in diameter size between the head bolts on both engines? Looking to build a diesel and would prefer to run studs. Also, anyone ever get a price on studs to be made for the diesel through ARP? Thanks.

Howler, did you find anything out with the L28 head studs and do you know if an L28 head gasket can be used on an LD28? Apparently diesel head gaskets are no longer available...

L28 head studs are 10mm - I thought the diesel was 12mm.  

If the LD28 is not readily listed by ARP, you can send them a single LD28 stud or bolt and they will measure it and compare it to all of their currently made studs to find a match. I had a friend recently do this and they figured out the VK56 in the Nissan Titan uses the same rod bolts as a BMW street bike. The Nissan vk56 isn't listed as having an off the shelf bolts, so he was expecting to pay a lot for custom bolts but instead he saved several hundred dollars and bought two packs of the BMW bolts.

*Edited to fix grammar

Edited by 1969honda

Here is a link to the nissan diesel guys.

They may even know where to source the proper thickness head gasket.

http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3513&sid=b31391d8d27f0b9d29784c4151866d4f

I did look at a Ld28 head I have and the holes are much larger than the ones for the head bolts on a l28.

I am having trouble finding the head bolts for this one.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

I actually am a member over there already. Been a member of that forum for over a decade, but traffic is slower over there so getting a response is harder. I did place an order last weekend through Nissan Parts Deal and even though it showed the diesel head gaskets as available on the parts callout screen after I ordered the gasket I got an email the next Monday saying the gaskets are no longer available. I emailed Cometic to see if the could make an LD28 head gasket seeing as they sell two different thickness gaskets for L-gas engines.