HybridZ

Coolant overflow tank for 1972 240z

I have a 1972 240z that has a Champio 3 row radiator with MSA fan Shroud. I need to find a sporty stainless Steel or aluminium overflow tank to install besides the radiator as the one i purchased from Champion is 2" x 13" and too long and collides with the bottom of the chassis on the engine bay.

Should i settle for the MSA STAINLESS STEEL OVERFLOW TANK???

For my 5.0 Mustang I went to Oreilly's and got one of these https://oreillyauto.com/detail/dorman-help--4422/cooling---heating-16773/coolant-recovery-tank---universal-17482/coolant-recovery-kit/54002/4528645/1976/ford/mustang-ii

It worked great with a triple pass radiator which I highly don't recommend. When I was driving my Z I simply used a Sobe bottle, back when they were glass. I put two holes in the cap, one with a rubber hose going almost to the bottom, and the other I left open as a vent. Never had a problem with it either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 8:39 PM, Grim said:

For my 5.0 Mustang I went to Oreilly's and got one of these https://oreillyauto.com/detail/dorman-help--4422/cooling---heating-16773/coolant-recovery-tank---universal-17482/coolant-recovery-kit/54002/4528645/1976/ford/mustang-ii

It worked great with a triple pass radiator which I highly don't recommend. When I was driving my Z I simply used a Sobe bottle, back when they were glass. I put two holes in the cap, one with a rubber hose going almost to the bottom, and the other I left open as a vent. Never had a problem with it either.

I've got that same one on my 240Z.