HybridZ

HybridZ Apparel Order Thread - 100% of Profits Will Be Donated, round 4

cockerstar

• 2 weeks later...

Small update for everyone. I have the order finalized with the printer and was able to get $180 knocked off of the price. I'll provide another update when I get the official printing schedule. 

Does anyone have tips on shipping discounts? I just signed up through ShipStation, which saves a little, but I might be able to do better. 

How about those flat rates from USPS? You can also print shipping labels through PayPal. They offer free tracking number.

My original shipping quotes I used were for the flat rate boxes. I've used them in the past, but they're pretty expensive now. 

I would almost recommend the bags. Those flat rate boxes end up pretty expensive since people started to abuse them shipping heavy weights and stuff.

I'll look into the bags. It seems like that's what a lot of online clothing stores are using now. At least that's what is always on the porch for my wife  :lol:

• Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 8:24 AM, ihiryu said:

Sweet, any ETA on when we're geting our stuff?

The printer said they're scheduled to run on Friday and then they have to ship the order to me. Hope that I'll get them by the middle of next week so I can pack and ship on the 18th. Give it a week to get to you guys and I'm thinking everyone should receive their stuff by the 25th. 

7 hours ago, Stunt said:

What's my order status?

The printer said they were scheduled to run last Friday and then they have to ship the order to me. Hope that I'll get them by the middle of next week so I can pack and ship on the 18th. Give it a week to get to you guys and I'm thinking everyone should receive their stuff by the 25th. 

• Thanks 1

On the topic of shipping USPS Priority offers tyvek envelopes which they will supply for free. You can even order a pile of them and they will deliver to your home for free (same for all shipping supplies). They should ship pretty cheap, i've received a number fo shirts shipped this way.

Also, my son and daughter work for a shop that does these shirts/hoodies/hats/etc. My son has done design work and has his own little side business selling logo products. Might be able to get a deal on them there if that helps to increase the donation potential or drop the purchase pricing while holding the donations the same maybe picking up more volume. Food for thought.

I think long term, having a constant "store" for the shirts and other paraphernalia along with everyone doing consistent "membership" donations might be better than SuperDan getting frustrated at lack of support and the burst to make it up. I have been super busy with building a new house/shop and totally missed all the potential shut down. Read up last night and was really impressed by all the rallying support. I have personally just donated the recommended amount every year. from shortly after I got back into my 240Z project and found this site. I don't financially support many of these forums but this site is really a great place to be with great people and information so I felt it was important to support.

Let me know if I can help out.

Dave

• Like 1