HybridZ

Various pallnet questions

turbogrill

Hi,

I got my pallnet fuel rail yesterday. Looks great. I also have a set of green Supra injectors I got from Motorman (he gave me the correct seals, great guy).

I have a few questions about the fuel rail. It doesn't look right to me but I know that there is a lot of people using it, so it's probably me!

1. The bolt that holds the bracket on the fuel rail seems a little long? The bracket on the fuel rail is snug but it's not super tight. I could move the mounting bracket on the fuel rail side to side but not upp and down.

2. The bolts that mounts the fuel rail to intake seems to be the wrong threads. Could he have sent me the wrong bolts?  (Another unlikely explanation could be that it my intake was tapped differently, but it looks stock to me).

3. With the supra injectors there is nothing else holding the injectors besides the fuel rail? (And the o-ring in the intake).

Stock injectors are mounted to manifold using screws, but for some other injectors it's just pressed down from the fuel rail?

Looking at pictures from other peoples fuel rails I see both setups.

Many thanks

1. Use a washer? Make sure you add it to the correct side, you don't want to crush the injectors.

2. Possible, quick trip to the harware store would reveal your answer. If they are using a supplier they could have sent them the wrong bolts as well. I've had that happen and almost lost my mind trying to figure that out.

3. Yes top feed injectors are held in by the clamping force of the rail pretty much. If you loosen the rail you can slide them up and down usually. They aren't actively retained.