HybridZ

BF Goodrich Rival Problems

post-37191-0-38421300-1503166819_thumb.jpg

Anyone running rivals? I had my car up on the lift this weekend, and noticed all four were coming apart where the tread hit the sidewall. If you have them, check the inside as mine were only coming apart in the inside, the outsides were fine. Not sure which Tire I should replace these with, as these things had crazy good traction.

They are almost 3 years old with 4000 miles, give or take, on them. Tire rack said they would pro rate them based on age and treadwear. I only have about 3/16" of tread in the middles of them all left. . I would have to mail them back and pay I think they said $7 a tire charge. I can't decide whether to go back with these or try something else.

You don't mention your tire size and use case but I've been loving the Bridgestone RE71Rs on my S2k track car. Planning to run Nitto NT01s next. With that said, I've heard good things about the Rival S 1.5 so you can't go wrong there.

R1Rs are fantastic. They are the only tire I like better than the Rivals. They're also excellent in the rain, so that might be a good street car option if you like to drive your car in varying conditions.

We run 225/45R15 on our MR2. I'd be careful with the Rival S. You add grip compared to the regular Rival but lose longevity.

It's a weekend car with a few autocrosses. I have slicks for track days and autocrosses when I can get someone to follow me in my truck. I would love to figure out how to hook up a trailer like green hornet has. It's been almost a year since the last autocross. The rivals are great for dry days but are like driving on ice in a storm. If I know it's going to rain, I don't drive the Z, but sooner or later you get caught in a pop up storm. It's scary in the wet with Rivals.

It's a weekend car with a few autocrosses. I have slicks for track days and autocrosses when I can get someone to follow me in my truck. I would love to figure out how to hook up a trailer like green hornet has. It's been almost a year since the last autocross. The rivals are great for dry days but are like driving on ice in a storm. If I know it's going to rain, I don't drive the Z, but sooner or later you get caught in a pop up storm. It's scary in the wet with Rivals.

Seen a few S30's with towbars on, pretty easy as far as towbars go.