HybridZ

Xenon air dam angled upwards?

dpuma8

post-7714-0-10964800-1503521040_thumb.jpgHi everyone,

I bought a Xenon air dam for my 280z  and while the fit is nice, the middle of the air dam is angled upwards.  Do I need to adjust the bolt holes again or does the air dam eventually rest into the correct resting place?  Mine looks very similar to this picture

Yeah mine points up too and although that bothers me the worst part is the urethane is so flexible that when you get up to speed the center of the air dam distorts and pushes back in.I made a splitter lip for it but its real purpose is to keep the air dam from bending in the wind.post-28202-0-83076400-1503527513_thumb.jpg

Side note: I have a 280z style Xenon airdam from about 2003 or 2004 and it's super flexible. I once parked on a curb and it just rolled up under the car (oops). Recently I purchased a 240z style and it's super stiff compared to the old one. Which is unfortunate because one side is all wonky and was really difficult to get bolted to the headlight bucket.

Yeah mine points up too and although that bothers me the worst part is the urethane is so flexible that when you get up to speed the center of the air dam distorts and pushes back in.I made a splitter lip for it but its real purpose is to keep the air dam from bending in the wind.attachicon.gifDSCN1652.JPG

She does look sexy though! 

I'm pretty sure those air-dams are supposed to bolt to the outside of the buckets, not the inside. Makes a difference. Maybe you can do a search on here, pretty sure it's been discussed.

They're all supposed to bolt to the back side of the headlight buckets.

Yeah mine points up too and although that bothers me the worst part is the urethane is so flexible that when you get up to speed the center of the air dam distorts and pushes back in.I made a splitter lip for it but its real purpose is to keep the air dam from bending in the wind. DSCN1652.JPG

What wheels are those? I love dirty gold wheels.