HybridZ

Hoke Performance LS2/T56 install starts today.....

Driver side Sanderson header installed. I just need to make a small dent for the steering shaft to clear the header, it just touches the #1 header pipe. I will have lots of ground clearance with these headers. Passenger side will need more work. I hope to have Sanderson modify the passenger side to work with the Hoke mounts. I live 20 miles from the Sanderson facility.

The other problem I see not related to the Hoke mounts is #5 spark plug is to close to the header, there is only 1/4" clearance on my headers. Not enough room to get a spark plug socket on the plug. You would have to remove the headers to change the spark plug. Also the LS2 90 degree spark plug wire will not fit on the plug (not enough clearance).

Pete

20171018_180709.jpg

20171018_180729.jpg

Has anyone had problems with the steering rack being loose after installing new urethane steering rack bushings. You can see in the picture with the clamp on and no bolts the clamp is almost touching the rack. After I install bolts the rack is still loose. I have tried two sets of energy suspension bushings.

20171025_171003.jpg

20171025_171021.jpg

Everything is looking great.

Do you have any idea if any of the various stock LS engine manifolds tend to work on "Z" conversions?  I am looking at using the crate 525 HP LS3, and since I don't really want/need any more power...figured I would just use the stock manifold....if it fits the conversion.

15 hours ago, Ironhead said:

Everything is looking great.

Do you have any idea if any of the various stock LS engine manifolds tend to work on "Z" conversions?  I am looking at using the crate 525 HP LS3, and since I don't really want/need any more power...figured I would just use the stock manifold....if it fits the conversion.

I just looked up the crate LS3 and it listed the hp at 435 and tq at 425 so I’m not sure if your getting something different than that but all of the LS stock style and FAST intakes will fit except possibly the truck intake which a crate engine  wouldn’t come with unless you specified it.  You will need to change the oil pan as the one pictured is too far forward.  Here is a picture of mine with the strut bars showing how low the engine sits in the chassis.

9A9ABEEC-6AB4-4C5F-B7A5-1C7094B1F50F.jpeg

Edited by 30 ounce

5 hours ago, 30 ounce said:

I just looked up the crate LS3 and it listed the hp at 435 and tq at 425 so I’m not sure if your getting something different than that but all of the LS stock style and FAST intakes will fit except possibly the truck intake which a crate engine  wouldn’t come with unless you specified it.  You will need to change the oil pan as the one pictured is too far forward.  Here is a picture of mine with the strut bars showing how low the engine sits in the chassis.

9A9ABEEC-6AB4-4C5F-B7A5-1C7094B1F50F.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't word that too clearly.

This is the crate engine I am referring to: http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/ls376-525

I was wondering about whether the exhaust manifold it comes with would clear the stock steering shaft, Hoke motor mounts, etc.....or if I would likely need to go with some sort of header.  I wasn't asking about the intake manifold.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice looking. My set up is very similar to your routing, though I don't think I would have space to put the steam vent fitting in that spot. Mine is curretly lower down, about halfway along the vertical portion of the upper hose. Not sure if its in the right spot, worried I may not be able to bleed it if its not at the top like yours.