HybridZ

Hoke Performance LS2/T56 install starts today.....

• 1 month later...

I have been working on the wiring behind the dash, removing unused wires and adding relays. Finally completed the restoration of the dash. My dash had many wide crakes. The results are great looks just like new. Will have to see how it holds up in the weather. If it does not hold up I have a full cover that I have fitted on the dash and it fits great. Waiting on my custom made 4 1/2" GPS speedometer. The gauge will have a high beam light, and I will use the blinker lights as the emergency brake light (they will make the gauge with red lights). It will have a remote jack button since I will install in the factory gauge bracket. They also made the brake light and high beam light work on a ground signal instead of a 12 volt signal. They also shorten the GPS wire from 15' to 5'. Great customer service. I also wired the ECU engine light to the volt meter 12 volt red light.

20180114_131837.thumb.jpg.e7b4c9918160d22b43e97e32631e435e.jpg

What I did with my dash was remove all but 4 screws that hold the dash to the frame. My dash kept cracking after I refinished it. After removing all the extra screws it held up better.

The dash isn't going anywhere as it's held in by the A pillars. Seems that when you tighten the screws it puts stress on the old foam.

ritrebor

• 1 month later...

Received my custom speedometer gauge from speedhut. I ordered a 4 1/2" GPS speedometer. They modified the wiring so the 2 red lights activate with a ground that is connected to the emergency brake. The blue light above the 240Z activates by a ground when the high beams are on. I also ordered with the remote jack button so I could install just like the factory. Fits perfect in the original speedometer case.

GR4.5-GPS-03T
4-1/2" GPS Speedometer 160mph (w/ turn signal and high beam)

• Colors: Day - Black dial // White font
    Night - Numbers Green Glow
  • Font Style: Eurostile
  • Tick Style: standard
  • Custom Text: 240Z
  • Pointer: Standard White (Glows White)
  • Bezel: Stealth Black
  • Window: Flat
  • Notes: 1. Remove front mounted jack button, install remote jack button.
    2. Make 2 blinker bulbs red. High beam bulb blue.
    3. Make 2 blinker bulbs and high beam bulb activate by supplying a ground not 12 volts. My car sends a ground to turn on lights.
    4. Make GPS cable 5 feet long.

20180228_193330.jpg

20180228_193935.jpg

image.jpeg

Edited by mrk3cobra

That looks really nice and simple, I like the 240z script the way it's placed in there as well. The discrete little touches like that are what really make a car feel personalized and different than all the others. Keep up the progress and the pictures!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

AC compressor installed. I bought the kit from DIrtydingo Motorsports. The kit mounts the AC compressor low on the passenger side of LS engines. The kit uses a Sanden SD7B10 compressor. I had to modify the lower bracket to get the tensioner to clear the steering rack. The compressor clears the 240Z frame rail, no modification needed. Next is installing the condenser and dryer, then running the AC lines through the passenger front fender vent channel.

20181118_165154.jpg

20181118_165134.jpg