HybridZ

Question about injector impedance, specifically supra ones

Boog

Hey guys, quick question.

I have an L28ET in my car (with MS) and I am upgrading to supra injectors, the 7mgte ones. From what i have researched, they are 440cc and work with a pallnet 11mm rail, which I just ordered from him. I am confused as to what impedance I need. Here's what I currently believe to be true:

L28ET injectors are low impedance, and require the resistor pack to make them work.

7M-GTE injectors are also low impedance, and should be used in my system with my current resistor pack.

However, all the 7m-gte injectors on eBay (don't worry, not ordering from there) are listed as high impedance. I just don't want to order the wrong injectors, is there anyone who is running the 440cc injectors on an L28ET who can chime in to what their wiring system is? I don't want to order them before I at least have some answer.....There is so much weird and confusing information out there about this stuff.

Thanks in advance!

I bought injectors for a 7M-GTE and they're 440cc and low impedance. I tried running them using PWM with no resistor pack and had constant problems. I wired in the stock resistor pack from my '77 and matched the settings in MS and have had no trouble since. 

On 9/1/2017 at 9:02 AM, NewZed said:

MS has settings for whatever injector you decide to use.

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/minj.htm#fb

That's really old and outdated information from the original Bowling an Grippo software and early boards. MSExtra software, is totally different. That's one of the big problems with MS. Too many versions of Hardware, cam be built many different ways and Library of information is very scattered and often misleading to the neophyte.  

The OEM 7mgte injectors are 440cc low impedance, some of the aftermarket offerings can kind of go back and forth, I think TLF is a biggish vendor, but they use venom injectors so stay away from those. As chickenman said, buying the injector resistor pack with the injectors would be a good idea. On the supra it is a silver box with fins. Be wary the wires are fairly short so leave yourself quite a bit of room.