HybridZ

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

I'd keep the rear bumper on. Only reason not to is for heavily modified cars or those that don't use the front. Weirdly enough, some of the cars from Star Road that have the full length front grill and bumper deletes are still using the rear bumper. I think it looks unbalanced.

As far as the bonnet is concerned, for the cost of a new original one you could have one from carbon fiber. Of course some people have complained about small fitment issues with those as well, so it depends on what you're after. 

27 minutes ago, Zetsaz said:

As far as the bonnet is concerned, for the cost of a new original one you could have one from carbon fiber. Of course some people have complained about small fitment issues with those as well, so it depends on what you're after. 

That is one of the main reasons I am sticking with the one I have. I think the CF bonnet look is getting old these days and I would spend just as much time getting to fit properly (life the FG one on my 911).

1 hour ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

That is one of the main reasons I am sticking with the one I have. I think the CF bonnet look is getting old these days and I would spend just as much time getting to fit properly (life the FG one on my 911).

That's the same reason I go back and forth on it in the future. If I did buy something like that in carbon, I would try to get a carbon or fiberglass hatch as well and match them to whatever paint I had on the rest of the car. 

Your front bumper actually looked normal Like mine when I installed it. I believe your suppose to have the bracket loose ( the 2 main in the middle) mount the corners then go back and tighten it all. I could be wrong buts thats how I did it altough you wanted to tuck yours in a bit more. 

1 hour ago, softopz said:

Your front bumper actually looked normal Like mine when I installed it. I believe your suppose to have the bracket loose ( the 2 main in the middle) mount the corners then go back and tighten it all. I could be wrong buts thats how I did it altough you wanted to tuck yours in a bit more. 

I have tried adjusting it every which way. It was more the issue of the front end not being straight rather than adjusting the mounts. It is getting there now though.

23 hours ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

I have tried adjusting it every which way. It was more the issue of the front end not being straight rather than adjusting the mounts. It is getting there now though.

Yes I spoke to soon I noticed later in the video. However these zeds have so much adjusting it's nuts. Keep up the videos I do enjoy watching the progress!

Thanks for doing these videos, I really enjoy all of them, especially the Porsche 911.  I have a little bit of regret with that marque, I had a friend give me an old 911 he ran on the track, it was in bad shape, but instead of repairing the engine and body, I parted it out and used the funds on my 280Z.  I probably could not have afforded it, Zs are so much cheaper, but I feel like I missed a chance to drive one of those machines.

Parts for Z's are generally reasonable. Parts for Porsche's are insane, I originally thought I would build my 911 as a track/street car, but I soon learned I couldn't afford the maintenance costs. 

That said, I have even looked at getting an MX5 as a track car, as they are much more affordable than Z's now, and you can trash the hell out of it without worrying if you break it.